WellDyneRx is committed to providing its members with high-quality health care options while protecting member privacy and developing technology that gives members the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the WellDyneRx website and governs data collection and usage. By using the WellDyneRx website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of Your Personal Information
WellDyneRx collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, and/or telephone number. WellDyneRx also collects anonymous demographic information that is not unique to you, such as your zip code.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by WellDyneRx. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by WellDyneRx for the operation of the service, in order to maintain quality of the service and provide general statistics regarding use of the WellDyneRx website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through WellDyneRx public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: WellDyneRx does not read any of your private online communications.
WellDyneRx encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from WellDyneRx so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. WellDyneRx is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the WellDyneRx and WellDyneRx family of websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
WellDyneRx collects and uses your personal information to operate the WellDyneRx website and deliver the services you have requested. WellDyneRx also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from WellDyne, Inc. and its affiliates. WellDyneRx may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
WellDyneRx does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. WellDyneRx may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information—e-mail, name, address, and telephone number—is not transferred to the third party. In addition, WellDyneRx may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to WellDyneRx, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
WellDyneRx does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations without your explicit consent.
WellDyneRx keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within WellDyneRx, in order to determine which WellDyneRx services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within WellDyneRx to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
WellDyneRx websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on WellDyneRx or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of WellDyneRx; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of WellDyneRx or the public.
The WellDyneRx website uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize WellDyneRx pages or register with the WellDyneRx site or services, a cookie helps WellDyneRx recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same WellDyneRx website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the WellDyneRx features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the WellDyneRx services or websites you visit.
Security of Your Personal Information
WellDyneRx secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. WellDyneRx secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled and secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When personal information such as a credit card number is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
How We May Use and Disclose Health Information About You
Our pharmacy protects the privacy of your health information. For some activities, we must have your written authorization to use or disclose your health information. However the law permits us to use or disclose your health information for the following purposes without your authorization:
• For Treatment -Information obtained by the Pharmacy will be used to dispense prescriptions to you. We may disclose health information about you to pharmacists and other persons who are involved in dispensing your prescription.
• For Payment -We may use and disclose your health information so that your pharmacy services may be billed to, and payment may be collected from, you, an insurance company or a third party.
• For Health Care Operations -We may use and disclose health information about you for pharmacy operations. Unless you provide us with alternative instructions, we may send refill reminders and other material related to your health care to your home. We may contact you by phone to remind you of a refill or to inform you a prescription is ready for pickup. We may use information in your health record to evaluate the services our pharmacy provides, or to train our staff. These uses and disclosures are necessary to run the Pharmacy and make sure that you receive quality customer service.
• As Required by Law -We will disclose health information about you when required to do so by federal, state or local law.
• To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety -We may use and disclose health information about you when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person. Any disclosure, however, would only be to someone able to help prevent the threat.
• Public Health Risks -We may disclose health information about you for public health activities. These activities generally include the following: (1) to prevent or control disease, injury or disability; (2) to report reactions to medications or problems with products; (3) to notify people of recalls of products they may be using; (4) to notify a person who may been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition; and (5) to notify the appropriate government authority if we believe a person has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence (we will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law).
• For Health Oversight Activities -We may disclose health information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized bylaw. These oversight activities, which are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system, include audits, investigations, inspections and licensure.
• Judicial and Administrative Procedures -Subject to certain requirements if you are involved in a lawsuit or dispute we may disclose health information about you in response to a court order, administrative order, subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process.
• For Specific Government Functions -Our pharmacy may disclose health information for the following specific government functions: (1) health information of military personnel, as required by military command authorities; (2) health information of inmates, to a correctional institution or Law enforcement official, as necessary to protect health and safety; (3) in response to a request from law enforcement, if certain conditions are satisfied; (4) for national security reasons; and (5) as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with worker’s compensation and similar laws or programs.
• Research and Organ Donation -We may disclose your information to researchers when their research has been approved by an institutional review board that has reviewed the research proposal and established protocols to ensure the privacy of your information. We may also disclose your information to organ procurement or similar organizations for purposes of donation or transplant.
• Coroners and Funeral Directors -We may release your information to a coroner or medical examiner as necessary, for example, to determine a person’s cause of death, we may also disclose your information to funeral directors consistent with applicable law to enable them to carry out their duties.
• Business Associates -There are some services provided by WellDyneRx through contracts with business associates. We may disclose your information to our business associates so that they can perform the job we have asked them to do; however, we require them to appropriately safeguard our information.
• Communications with Caregivers and Relatives -We may use or disclose your information to;
(1) notify or assist in notifying a family member, personal representative, or caregiver regarding your location and general condition; (2) a family member, other relative, close personal friend, or any other person you identify as necessary for and directly relevant to that persons involvement in your care or payment related to your care, and (3) we may disclose health information to your family or friends if we can infer from the circumstances, based on our professional judgment that you would not object. For example, we may assume you agree to our disclosure of your personal health information to your spouse, when you bring your spouse with you to pick up prescriptions, meds or drop off prescriptions.
When WellDyneRx May Not Use or Disclose Your Health Information
We will not use or disclose your health information without your written authorization, except as described in this Notice. If you do authorize us to use or disclose your health information for another purpose, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time. If your state law provides additional restrictions upon any of the foregoing uses and disclosures, we must follow your state law.
You Have the Following Rights With Respect to Your Health Information
• You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. We are not required to agree to a restriction that you request. We cannot agree to limit the uses or disclosures of information that are required by law.
• You have the right to inspect and copy your health information as long as the Pharmacy maintains the health information. Simply submit a written request. We may charge you a fee for the costs of copying, mailing or other supplies that are necessary to grant your request. We may deny your request in certain limited circumstances.
• You have the right to request that we amend your health information that is incorrect or incomplete, to request an amendment, submit a written request to the servicing pharmacy (form available from your pharmacist), along with the reason for the request. WellDyneRx is not required to amend health information that is accurate and complete. We will provide you with information about the procedure for addressing a disagreement with a denial.
• You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your health information we have made after April 14, 2003 for purposes other than disclosures (1) for WellDyneRx treatment, payment or health care operations, (2) to you or based upon your authorization and (3) for certain government functions. To request an accounting, you must submit a formal written request to the store location providing services. You must specify the time period, which may not be longer than six years.
• You may request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may request that we contact you about health matters only in writing or at a different residence or post office box. To request confidential communication of your health information, you must submit a written request to the store location providing services. Your request must state how/when you would like to be contacted. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
• lf you are a minor who has lawfully provided consent for treatment and you wish for the pharmacy to treat you as an adult for purposes of access to and disclosure of records related to such treatment, please notify the pharmacist.
If you would like to exercise one or more of these rights, or seek further information, or are concerned that we have violated your privacy rights, contact the WellDyneRx Information Privacy Response Office, 500 Eagles Landing Dr., Lakeland, FL 33810, in writing, or call the office at 1-888-479-2000. You may also file a written complaint with the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Please contact our office to obtain the Secretary’s address. We will not take any action against you if you file a complaint with the Secretary or us.
Changes to this Statement
WellDyneRx will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. WellDyneRx encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how WellDyneRx is protecting your information.
WellDyneRx welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that WellDyneRx has not adhered to this Statement, please contact WellDyneRx at webmaster@WellDyneRx.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.