Healthcare Observances in September
Throughout the year, many non-profit organizations hold awareness events to draw attention to various health conditions that may affect your members. We encourage you to share information about these observance events with your plan participants so they can take proactive measures to educate themselves and their family members about health conditions that may affect their quality of life.
Pain Awareness Month
September is Pain Awareness Month. The American Chronic Pain Association dedicates this time to raising public awareness of issues in the areas of pain and pain management. This organization provides a variety of communication tools to foster productive conversations between patients and their prescribers and pharmacists.
World Heart Day – September 29, 2019
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the world’s biggest killer, with 17.9 million deaths attributed to it each year. Encourage your plan participants to be heart heroes by taking steps now to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives. By making just a few small changes in our lives, we can reduce our risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as improving our quality of life and setting a good example for the next generation.
2019 Quarter Three WellInformed Table of Contents
- The Paradigm Shift
- WellDyneRX Named a Best Place to Work by CareerSource
- ACA Changes to Preventive Care Coverage Requirements
- IRS High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) Rules
- Flu Vaccinations and Recommendations
- What are Biosimilar Medications?
- H2 2019 Drug Pipeline Reports
- Upcoming Trade Shows, Conferences & Events
- Healthcare Observances September
- FDA Approved List