WellDyneRx’s clinical team provides detailed insights into pharmacy trend drivers in 2018. They discuss how more than 50% of our clients experienced a negative overall drug trend. Low trend across complex, chronic conditions helped drive these results.
Highlights from the 2018 WellDyneRx Drug Trend Report Webinar include:
- Diabetes medications continued to dominate the top 10 category, with 60% of the top traditional drugs (by spend) all used to treat this condition.
- Inflammatory conditions and diabetes continue to be the predominant therapeutic categories, accounting for almost 27% of all drug spending in 2018, an increase from the previous year.
- Clients participating in the WellManaged – Diabetes program experienced an overall 2.5% trend in diabetes, compared to a 13% overall trend for clients that did not implement the program.
- In 2018, we were able to reduce utilization of hyperinflationary drugs by almost 42%, resulting in approximately $1.07 PMPM savings from the previous year.
- Chris Williams, PharmD, Regional Strategic Account Executive & Clinical Account Manager
- Nick Page, PharmD, Chief Pharmacy Officer
- Patty Taddei-Allen, PharmD, Director of Outcomes Research
Please complete the form below to access this webinar.