WellConnect Secure Text Messages Enhance Patient Engagement
When a patient receives a new diagnosis and treatment plan, they may feel overwhelmed and appreciate help understanding their disease and the medications they have been prescribed. This is especially true for patients prescribed specialty or chronic medications. That’s why WellDyneRx offers WellConnect, a digital member engagement tool that helps plan members take ownership of their health with personalized communications from our pharmacy team.
When members opt-in to our secure, HIPAA-compliant WellConnect solution, they receive timely text messages that feature refill reminders, drug information, health alerts, and other updates related to their specific clinical situation. WellConnect helps members save money and make informed health decisions – providing customized refill reminders, cost-saving notifications, wellness communications and clinical education for managing various disease states.
- Savings Opportunities – When patients fill a prescription for a brand name medication, WellConnect notifies them if a preferred brand or generic medication is available at a lower cost.
- Health Tips – WellConnect delivers timely reminders about flu shots and other annual health screenings, such as mammograms.
- Prior Authorization Status Updates – When a prior authorization review is required for a specific medication, WellConnect participants receive status updates throughout the entire process.
- Chronic Conditions – Newly diagnosed patients will receive a series of text messages related to their disease state in small, easy-to-digest portions with links they can visit for more information. They also receive drug and safety information, including drug administration videos.
Pharmacists and our Patient Care Advocates are readily available to connect directly with patients if they have additional questions.
In a recent patient satisfaction survey, over 90% of respondents agreed they were satisfied with WellConnect. When asked to describe what they liked best about the tool, the overwhelming response was that members found WellConnect easy to use.
To learn more about WellConnect, please contact your Account Executive.
2019 Quarter Four WellInformed Table Contents
- WellConnect Secure Text Messages Enhance Patient Engagement
- Formulary Updates
- Affordable Care Act FAQ 40 Regarding HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020
- WellDyneRx Fights to Bring Light to the Darkness of Cancer
- Upcoming Tradeshows, Conferences & Events
- Upcoming Healthcare Observances
- FDA Approval List