Effective July 1, 2019: Formulary Updates
Effective July 1, 2019, WellDyneRx will update the Open Access and Clinical Focus formularies with several changes, summarized in the tables linked below:
Since we are only adding drugs to the formulary lists, member disruption notifications will not be distributed.
Please contact your Account Executive if you have any questions.
2018 Drug Trend Report & Webinar Recording Now Available
Over the past year, we’ve seen several pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) merge with large medical carriers. WellDyneRx, however, remains independent and focused on meeting our clients’ goals. By contracting directly with us, our clients gain absolute insight into pharmacy claims data, reporting metrics, and true costs.
Highlights from our 2018 Drug Trend Report include:
- WellDyneRx’s commercial plans experienced an overall 0.3% increase in prescription drug spend in 2018, despite substantial price inflation and increased utilization of specialty drugs. Over 50% of our clients experienced a negative overall trend in 2018
- Over 50% of our clients experienced negative overall trend
- The Generic dispensing rate increased from 84.9% in 2017 to 85.9% in 2018, which translated into approximately $4.80 PMPM in savings
- Our WellManaged – Opioids clients experienced a negative 16% overall trend in opioid spend
- Clients participating in the WellManaged – Diabetes program experienced an overall 2.5% trend in diabetes, compared to a 13% overall trend for clients that did not implement the program
- In 2018, we were able to reduce utilization of hyperinflationary drugs by almost 42%, resulting in approximately $1.07 PMPM savings from the previous year
In April, we hosted an exclusive, client-only 2018 Drug Trend Report webinar. To access a recording of the live event, click here.
To access a copy of our 2018 Drug Trend Report (PDF), please click here.
If you have questions after reviewing the 2018 Drug Trend Report or webinar, please contact your Account Executive or send your inquiries to marketing@WellDyneRx.com.
2019 Quarter Two WellInformed Table of Contents
- Leadership News
- US Specialty Care Reaches the Finalist Round of the Patient Choice Awards for the Third Year in a Row
- WellConnect Member Digital Engagement Solution
- US Specialty Care (USSC) Achieves Industry-Leading Adherence Rates
- Understanding Orphan Drugs
- Upcoming Conferences & Tradeshows
- Healthcare Observances in June
- FDA Approved List